Hello Friends and welcome back to my corner!
Hope you’re all doing well and staying healthy. oday I have a card that I’m so happy with I had to post this blog just for it. I’m one of those people that has to be busy all the time and during the hot months and while on the go I love to stitch on paper. Stitching is something I find relaxing and it looks harder than it looks, specially when stitching on paper.
Normally I stitch panels, tags and bookmarks and I save all the panels in a container and when the mood strikes I make cards, bookmarks or frame the art work. Today’s card I created with some recent stitching work.
I used the pattern provided my My Favorite Things in their Resources section. This Resource section is fantastic for the beginner! They have patterns for all their cross-stitch dies and very beginner friendly. For floss I used DMC #5 Pearl Cotton thread for the white stitching and Loops & Threads embroidery floss for all the other colors. When on sale I buy DMC but if not then I go for Loops & Threads since it’s quite affordable and is usually sold in multiple packs for about $5 (both have a similar feel and look to it.)
To assemble I cut a vellum panel slightly larger than the stitched panel, added some double-sided foam adhesive on the back of the stitched panel and assemble together. The sentiment is from a die set by Pink Fresh Studios and I just love the font and size which I further decorated by covering with some shimmer and then glossy accents. I did this the day before to let the glossy accent really dry before adhering to the card. The sentiment strip is from CZ Designs “Hello” stamp set and it was just perfect! It will definitely make an appearance again.
I hope you find some inspiration and give this a try. Is really a relaxing thing to do and just take your time because it really is a lot harder that it looks. I have also provided some links for some YouTube videos on stitching for cardmaking that I found useful when starting to stitch for cardmaking.
I hope you have a great week and below at all the supplies I used and links for your convenience. Please use the links for support at no extra charge to you!
Stay safe and healty,
- My Favorite Things Cross Stitched Rectangle Die-namics Die:
- MFT Floral Patterns: Printable PDF Resource
- Pink Fresh Studio Phrase Builder “Hello” die set – “Friend” die cut sentiment
- Hello by CZ Designs Stamp and Die – “Keeper of my Secrets” sentiment
- Eggplant card stock (cardbase) – Stampin’up
- Simon Says Stamp Vellum
- 110lb Recollections card stock – Michales
- Loops & Threads Embroidery Floss – Pastel pack
- DMC #5 Pearl Cotton Embroidery Floss – White
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Nuvo Shimmer or Wink of Stella Clear Glimmer pens
My Favorite Things Tutorial Videos:
- My Favorite Things How to add stitching to your cards video
- My Favorite Things Cross-Stitch Tag Two Ways
Jennifer McGuire Ink Videos on Stitching: