Hello and welcome!
The new March 2020 Simon Say Stamps card kit is out and it has a beautiful stamp set that is sure to bring your creative mojo back or keep it rolling! Here is my first card and please come back to see the rest soon! Let’s get started…
Card 1: The kit includes some pre printed images by the fantastic Suzy Plantamura and the images come already printed in watercolor paper! All you need is some watercolor paints or markers and get coloring.
I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment first then using a rectangle die cut out the piece I wanted to color. I then cut the rest of card with a larger die so that it would fit on the cardbase and left a border all around.
For the colored piece I used Zig Real Clean Brush watercolor markers in green, orange, yellow and turquoise to add a real punch of color. For the rest of the image I used a gray watercolor pencil (in the kit) and added some shading using a little water to smooth the lines and add a soft touch.
To assemble the card I aligned the b&w piece with the cardbase and traced the opening with pencil on the cardbase so I would know where to glue the small colored rectangle. I added some thin foam tape to the small colored rectangle and glued in place. A piece of acetate was glued to the back of the opening of the b&w piece to add some shine and also some foam tape was added to add more dimension. I kept the foam thin since so it will mail better.
The key is to make sure the larger piece is aligned properly with the cardbase leaving the appropriate border space and then tracing the opening before any gluing done.
I really like the way this card turned out and hope to play around with this design in the future. This design can be achieved with any stamps you may have it doesn’t have to be with these pre-printed card the possibilities are endless.
I hope you found some inspiration and as always thank you for your time and remember all the supplies are at the end of the post!
Be safe and take care.
- Simon Says Stamp March 2020 Card Kit of the Month – Included in the kit are the following:
- Simon Says Stamp Exclusive 6×8 Stronger Together clear stamp set
- Simon Says Stamp Exclusive Bold Hello wafer thin die
- ModaScrap Spring Flowers 6 x 6 paper pack
- 24 piece watercolor pencil pack
- Simon Says Stamp Craft Tacky Glue
- 3 Suzy Plantamura custom floral watercolor cards
- Simon Says Stamp 6 x 6 inch glitter paper
- Simon Says Stamp Metallic Lavender envelope
- Simon Says Stamp Mint envelope
- Simon Says Stamp White envelope
- Simon Says Stamp Mint 8.5×11 cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Lavender 8.5×11 cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Cornflower Blue 8.5×11 cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp White 120#8.5×11 cardstock
- Double adhesive foam tape – Dollar Tree Crafter’s corner
- Zig Real Clean Brush :
- Tangelo Twist cardstock by Stampin’up