Hello and thank you for visiting my little corner of the Internet!
In a few of my blogs I have been using leftover stash papers to make mini 3 x 3 note cards which I needed to find a good way to package. I wanted to find a cute way to put them in but most of the things I saw were not quite right. So I decided why not make my own!
I searched the Internet looking inspiration and I hit the jackpot when I came across a video by Sam Hammond from pootles.co.uk (click here for her video) where she shows how to construct a box for 3×3 mini note cards. You can also visit her blog (click here) for the instructions that go with the video. Sam is a Stampin-up® demonstrator but you can get inspiration from her projects and use what you have. She’s fantastic and I love just hearing her talk with that British accent!
I made two boxes for my “Coffee Cafe” and “Daisy Delight” mini card sets. I think these are adorable and a great way to package cards for gift giving. The finished box measures 3.5″ x 3.5″ x 1.75 and this is how I constructed this cute box using Sam’s directions and watching her video:
- Cut a piece of kraft card stock measuring 11″ x 7.5″.
- Using my score board I scored the following lines (if you don’t have a score board use a ruler and a stylus):
- Short side (7.5″) – score at 1.75, 5.25 and 7 inches
- Long side (11″) – score at 3.5, 5.25, 8.75, and 10.5 inches
- I then following Sam’s directions cut and folded the box. I really think that the best way to do this part is by watching her video since it’s much better that trying to read directions. Click here for the link to her video.
I used the Coffee Cafe stamp, dies and designer papers as well as the Daisy Delight stamp, punch and designer papers to decorate the box as you can see on the pictures (links at the end of blog).
- The 1st panel measures 3″ x 3″
- The 2nd panel measures 2″ x 3″.
Checkout my graphic! I’m getting pretty fancy here! LOL!
At this point is just a matter of adding finishing touches and making the box look pretty! Have fun and use all your scraps.! I used all bits and pieces from both sets suites and just made sure it coordinated with my note cards.
The note cards fit in the box beautifully and I was able to fit 4 cards and mini envelopes inside the box. Depending how thick the cards are determines how many you can fit. Give this project a try and be sure to visit Sam’s links for a really good tutorial on how to make these boxes.
As always have fun, nourish your creative soul and always stay safe!
Supplies and Tools:
- Scoring board (Scor-Pal 12×12 Board)
- Kraft paper (any Michaels or local craft store is sure to have these really cheap!)
- Coffee Cafe stamp, dies and designer series paper
- Daisy Delight Bundle and designer series paper
- Tombow glue, double-sided adhesive, and double-sided foam adhesive
- Circle Dies
- Ranger Glossy Accents