Welcome and thank you for visiting my little corner of the Internet!
Can you tell how obssessed I am with this stamp set? Still trying to get my scraps all used up and this set has given me a lot of crafty ideas. Yes, you will most likely be seeing it again since I just keep coming up with ideas for it. I just love that it can be for men and women and even non-coffee drinkers (like myself) love the cuteness of it.
This was very simple and so quick to make I made two of them. For the book mark on the top I did add a diy heart embellishment to give a pop of color. I hope you like this as much as I did.
My creative process:
- Cut a 2 x 6 inches rectangle out of thick kraft card stock (you can also use light weight chipboard.
- Cut a rectangle about 1 3/4 x 5 3/4 inches out of contrasting pattern paper. Glued the paper to the kraft card stock, centering in on all sides to form the bookmark.
- Using the “Coffee Cafe” bundle I stamped and cut the to-go coffee cup as well as the cup sleeve and sentiment. I stamped the cup on white card stock and the sleeve with the stamped sentiment out of Neenha’s desert storm card stock.
- I put the to-go cup together using double sided adhesive tape but you can also use your favorite glue.
- To give some dimension after putting the cup together I put double sided adhesive foam on the back and then placed on the bookmark.
- For Bookmark #1 (feature picture) I cut out some hearts out of red card stock then brushed them with Spectrum Noir® clear sparkle brush pen. Let them dry a minute or two then using Ranger® Glossy Accents covered the entire heart evenly. I set them aside to dry for about an hour since you need to make sure they are completely dry, if possible leave them longer. The results are fantastic and you can do this with any small shapes to make your own embellishments.
- For Bookmark #2 (above) I stamped the coffee beans on the corner and then using another stamp set I stamped the steam in the shape of hearts. There is no need to buy this set you can just as easily hand draw it using a waterproof pen such as Uni-ball Vision pen.
See! Very simple and I assure you the reader in your life would love it. I gave one of them to my daughter who is an avid reader and she loved it.
Remember stamps and dies are not only for cards, there are many other different crafts you can make. I have listed all the materials and links at the end and if you wish to visit the Stampinup© online store, please click here and it will direct you to my online store. I thank you for your support!
Take time to take care of yourself, nourish your creative soul and bring someone a smile.