Hello and welcome to my corner of the Internet!
It’s been a while since I last shown you any projects but my busy life has been getting in the way, but I hope things will settle down and spend more time creating. This little project came after my last card for father’s day, I had some left over pieces of designer paper and created these 3in x 3in little card that are perfect to use as gift tags, little friendship notes or even gift card holders.
My creative process:
- Card base: 3″ by 6″ piece of kraft card stock then fold in half to create a 3″ by 3″ card base.
- Layer #1: cut a 2 3/4″ by 2 3/4″ square from pattern paper.
- Small Square: 1 1/2″ by 1 1/2″ inches square out of coordinating solid paper.
- Banner: I stamped my sentiment then cut it out of card stock creating the banner tail at the end. Use a sentiment that is small enough to look pleasing on the card.
- The to-go coffee cup was cut out the Coffee Break designer paper by Stampin-up. One of the papers has a pattern of coffee mugs, to-go cups, kettles and more. The entire packet is really fun and beautiful and can be cut by hand or if you have the dies in the bundle the small to-go cup die fits the pattern paper one perfectly.
- Cut a small piece of burlap ribbon to add dimension to the coffee cup.
After all my cutting was done I assemble my little notes cards as you can see in the pictures and then created small envelopes using my envelope punch board. I cut a 5 1/2″ by 5 1/2″ square of kraft paper and used my envelope punch board to create the envelopes for the cards. An envelope punch is a very useful tool I highly recommend and can be purchase at Michael’s using a coupon or at your local craft stores, as well as online at an affordable price. You can make all sort of envelopes in different sizes and using all types of papers to coordinate with your cards. I love mine and always have it handy.
These cuties were quick to put together and even are great to keeps in your card stash. Hey! Even if you don’t like coffee there is always someone in your life who does and would love these. Here are the list of materials I used with links if you wish to purchase any of them and if you want to check out the new Stampinup catalog, please click here and visit my online store. I thank you for your support!
- “Coffee Break” designer paper by Stampinup® – layer #1 and to-go coffee cups
- “Old olive” card stock – small square
- “Sahara sand” card stock – banners
- Burlap ribbon
- Kraft card stock – I used recollections since it was in my scrap pile but Coffee Break card stock pack has an excellent substitute, click here for link.
- Stitch die set: (generic) to cut squares
- Liquid adhesive
- Sentiment stamp set
- Envelope punch: Amazon
- To purchase the “Coffee Cafe” bundle please click here.
- To purchase the cards please click here.
Take care of yourself, take time to nourish your creative soul and bring someone a smile!