Hello and welcome to my corner of the Internet!
I love card kits! I’ve subscribed to some in the past and I find them to be useful plus a great way to get me out of a creative rut. If you are a beginner like me kits can give you not only a creative boost but also make you feel less intimidated by all the products and techniques out there. All the hard work like color, papers, and embellishments selection have already been done for you and just about every kits comes with ideas and videos to follow.
Not all kits are for everyone! Here are some of my suggestions when thinking about subscribing:
- Subscribe to one kit at a time and give it at least three months (most crafting kits are monthly) to decide if you want to stay with it.
- If you have a budget then look for a kit that is within that budget, many even include shipping on their total price.
- Be realistic and stay with a kit that fits your skill level. Don’t be intimidated by other crafters, many have been crafting a lot longer and they are masters of their universe.
- Read the labels and instructions that come with the kit and visit the company’s website or social media links to find inspirations and ideas.
- Set aside at least a crafting hour after receiving the kit and open it! Look through it and get a feel for it. Don’t forget about it in a corner somewhere, believe I’ve done it.
- Play, play, and play so more! Is your relaxing time and who cares what happens or how it all comes out. Relax and don’t stress with perfection, laugh at your mistakes and take advantage of the “happy accidents.”
My first kit will be Paper Pumpkin by Stampin’up. I have some older kits plus some new ones in the upcoming months I want to try and will keep you posted on my progress!
If you interested in this kit, click here and it will take you to the Paper Pumpkin online store subscription page. They are running a promotion until June 10th for first time subscribers – 25% off your first three months ($14.99). As you can see from past kits it’s not just about cards, but many other paper crafting goodies. For this promotional price I think is worth giving it a try.
Thank you for taking the time to visit and have a great day!