Welcome to my little corner!
On my prior blog I showed you a group of Mother’s Day cards I made sing the Succulent Designer Series Paper (retired), the Crazy About You stamp set, and the “flower medallion” punch from Stampin’up®.
I decided to make an extra project with the pieces of scraps I had left this project and decorate a couple of 3.5″ x 5 1/4″ notebooks, which are a perfect size to toss in my purse for quick notes. You can use any size notebook just adjust the measurements accordingly.
This is how I put these cuties together!
- I pulled the notebook apart and replace the cover with Kraft card stock, using the original cover for measurement.
- To attach the cover to the pages I did use a rather special stapler called a “saddle stapler” or “booklet stapler.” There is no need to buy this stapler, you can just as easily just cover the notebook with kraft card stock without removing the cover by add 1/4″ to the lenght and width of the cover size. Remember the seams will show in the inside so keep it as neat as possible. You can use a regular stapler, just reduce the amount of pages.
- From my scrap papers I cut of the following:
- 3″ x 5″ – mint macaroon card stock
- 2 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ – calypso coral card stock
- 2 3/4 stitched circle of pattern paper
- leaves from mint macaroon card stock
- 1 punched flower – calypso coral card stock
- Hello – die cut from mint macaroon
- Using the leaves from the stamp set I randomly stamped them on the 2 3/4″ by 4/3″ with Versa Mark ink to add a tone on tone look. This is a great technique when you are looking to add pattern and interest to a plain card stock.
- Next I stamped the flower with mint macaroon ink and used the medallion punch to it cut out. After it dried I lightly coated the flower, leaves and second layer of the flower with clear wink of stella.
Now time to assemble…finally! One quick tip is to arrange everything and find the look you like best before gluing anything down! 🙂 It saves you time and aggravation.
- I glued the solid mint macaroon card stock to the notebook and then the calypso coral on top. Followed by the pattern paper circle and then the die cut word “hello.”
- I offset the two layers of the flower, centered and then glued to the circle.
- The leaves were randomly glued around the flower and to finish I added a drop of Nuvo white glossy cystal drop to the center of the flower.
And there you have it a quick project that took me about 25 minutes using left over scraps of paper.
At the end is the list of supplies used and links where you can purchased them. If you want to see more of the Stampin’ up products click here and it will take you to my online store.
Thank you for your support and come back soon! Take care…
(Purchase from Etsy)
- Card Stock: Calypso Coral, Mint Macaroon (retiring soon!) & Succulent designer series (out of stock, but any pattern paper that coordinates with the other cardstock would work perfectly. Remember to use what you have!)
- Inks: Mint Macaroon ink pad
- Medallion Flower Punch
- For the notebooks click on any of these links for some alternatives: 60-pages unlined kraft cover, Moleskin, Guided 4-pack, Poppin 10-pack, or at Etsy there is a wide range of already Kraft notebooks at a good price range.
- Leaves: Sizzix #656367 (you can easily fuzzy cut the leaves on the stamp set to add leaves to the flowers I just happen to have this die cut handy.)
- Stitched Circle Dies: Layering Framelits
- Wink of Stella
- Versa mark ink pad
- Nuvo Dew Drops: Amazon or Scrapbook.com
- Hello by Hero Arts die cut: Only One Life Creations Shop.
- Big Shot™
- Booklet Stapler: Bostitch, Paperpro inReach, or Bostitch Long Stapler